Sunday, April 27, 2008

Best of Lindsey in Lawrence

Can you believe it? It's been almost a full year since I started this blog!
(It totally seems like it's been a whole lot longer!)

In honor of Lindsey in Lawrence's one year anniversary on Wednesday, I thought I'd do a "Best of" post. If there's something I neglect to put on the list but you, faithful reader, think should be on here, let me know.

Let's start at the very beginning...

It began with my "Spiritual Autobiography" project for my senior sem- my spiritual life set to Beatles music. From there we went mindfully to the dentist, and had some adventures in vegetarian cooking.

After a Holly-Go-Lightly moment on Mass. Street, I got materialistic at Pier 1 and survived my first sweltering day of graduate school.

We discussed Furries and Durkheim, I ventured into Second Life and got a little furry of my very own.

February proved a busy month- Hate mail to PETA, a public announcement of my distrust of robots and a fishy Fat Tuesday celebration. Then I got dumped and learned my lesson the hard way...but in the end I think it was all worth it.

A rash of photo-blogs ensued- Leia and I got our model on, I broke my Lenten sushi fast, got a good laugh out of past hairstyles and Kat and I had the type of day you journal about.

The mysterious entrance of the character known simply as "Shawn" brought with it plenty of fun "Operations" including, but not limited to- me pretending I know how to shave heads, late night puppetstravaganzas and a Saturday that came damn near close to perfect.

I finished out the year with a brilliant April Fool's joke, an experiment in live-blogging, some crazy dreams, and an even crazier trip to Springfield...

All in all it's been a pretty good year. Not everything went the way I planned, but that's life and I'm learning to love it. Thank you to all of you who stood by me, who laughed and cried with me, those of you who made guest appearances (and consequently became regulars) and all you who read those crazy long entries. You all are so wonderful!

This next year will bring some big changes and I'm very excited so please stay tuned!

1 comment:

Pamcasso said...

Congratulations on your blogiversary!