Sunday, March 2, 2008

It's always something...

Strange how it took me so long to notice it was missing.
Maybe it just snuck out on me, silently and gradually.
Well whatever happened, now that it's back I know now just how much I missed it.

How is it that I haven't been laughing all this time?

I mean, I enjoy entertaining other people and I get a big kick out of making other people laugh. Even on my worst days I'll try to make other grin. But to actually let my guard down and giggle until I snort and squeak like a guinea pig is currently my new favorite feeling!

All it took was a little openness to the unexpected, a willingness to have silly adventures (like a late-night coloring contest at Java Break) and actually letting myself do things for myself (more on that later...perhaps).

For so long I had people telling me "Life is good", but what I really needed to hear (or maybe I just needed to tell myself) is "Life is enjoyable!"

In other news, tomorrow I embark on a journey to begin my cross-stitch opus. For some crazy reason I've decided to attempt a cross-stitch version of DaVinci's "The Last Supper". It's going to be something like 3 feet by 2 feet. Yeah it might be rather "grandma" of me, but damn if I won't be proud of it once it's finished. (Which might be after I get my Ph.D)

I'll take pictures. In fact, I should take more pictures in general. Expect, nay demand, photo-blogs from me! It's been too long.

Maybe there wasn't a real point to this entry, but I wanted to let you know I'm happy.
I think I'll just keep laughing and enjoying and see where this takes me.

2 comments:

gabriel said...

"Enjoying." That's a good word.
I too should do more "enjoying."
Thanks for that. :)

Anonymous said...

you're evil.

-ex picc player :)