Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Spiritual Autobiography- Final Entry

I think this is where I will end this series. This isn't where it actually ends, but hopefully I've set the stage a little bit. I move to Lawrence on Friday...a bit scary and a bit exciting all at the same time. I'm just trying to take it all in stride.

I look forward to posting on here and hopefully joining in on conversations established on other blogs. Feel free to comment, let me know what you think! This should be fun. :-)

Track 13: Here Comes the Sun


Little darlin' it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darlin' it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right

Little darlin' the smiles returning to their faces
Little darlin' it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
“Here Comes The Sun”- George Harrison


Oh George Harrison, you speak to my soul. This song helped get me through my crisis, as it gave me hope and a realization that I wasn’t alone. It took some major soul searching and love from friends and family, but I realized how desperately I just wanted to be myself. I didn’t want to have to see the world in black and white, I didn’t want to choose one religious tradition over the other, I want to do things that re-affirm how I feel about the world and my role in it.
So where am I now? Good question. I suppose I have to answer it as that’s the whole purpose of doing this autobiography. The best answer I can give is this-

I am ready.

I’m ready to dive into graduate school, to learn more and explore as much as I can. I’m ready to live on my own, to think for myself and to not have to live up to anyone’s expectations but my own. I’m not ready to walk away from Christianity completely, as it is a major part of my roots, but I am ready to dialogue with people and with the religion itself. I’m ready to have discipline and really focus on myself spiritually. Throughout this time in my life, I’ve been growing into myself. I am ready.




Doesn't my face just scream "I'm ready for the real world?" ;-)
Shh...don't say it.


(Gabriel- I promise I didn't forget the last part. Hey Jude will always be yours and mine, thanks for guiding your Jules through this mess. You are wonderful.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Insteresting thoughts. Now I'm curious. I think I wrote you on facebook that I teach World Religion now...I get all kinds in my classes. Your comment "not ready to walk away from Christianity yet"... I'd like to know more when you get the time. It's a bit nerdy but I have this interests in people's faith journeys...comes with the territory I guess. Kyle

BTW..You going to any Tall Oaks Camps. I've been asked but haven't decided yet.