Saturday, January 26, 2008

Thoughts


I felt like ranting, but I think Star Jones summed it up well on her Huffington Post blog.

In other news, the Westboro "Baptist" "Church" is going to not only protest Heath Ledger's memorial service but also the Oscars with signs that say "Heath in Hell".

Sick.

If there is anyone who can test my ability to have compassion for others, it's the Phelps family.

How do you love those who love to hate?

-----
It's strange when celebrities pass on. It's not like I knew him personally, but it's hard not to mourn the death of a talented actor and a real person who loved and was loved. The boy-crazy 15 year old in me cried a little when I heard the news on NPR. I'll miss seeing his presence on film and I'll keep his family in my thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Star Jones blogs on the Huffington Post? I never noticed that. Plew.

I agree with what she said, though.